Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meet The Owner Of "The Rookees Clothing Line"

Meet David Reese From Atlanta,Ga.

Owner of "The Rookees Clothing Line"



What made you want to create a clothing line?
Well when I was younger I always liked to try and stay up to date with the latest fashions but I could never afford the things that I really wanted, so that's where my thirst for fashion comes from. As I got older I started finding ways to make my own money even though some of those ways weren't the best thing to do I eventually made enough money to dress in the attire I wanted to and as I entered my freshmen year at GGC I came up with a way to incorporate my love of fashion and making money. And the rest is history.

How did you come up with your clothing line name?
I simply came up with the name "The Rookees" based on the fact that i'm a "Rookie" in this business and I came to take that "MVR" (Most Valuable Rookie) Award!

How did you come up with your clothing line logo?
Even though my clothing line is geared more towards the underground urban designer scene such as: Play Clothes, The hundreds, and BBC I wanted to come up with a more simple and elegant logo for my signature line and so that's how I came up with the Signature "Rookees" logo.


How did you promote your clothing line? What did you do to get your line out there?
I'm pretty much still starting out so its still somewhat hard for big names to take me seriously but I broke through with my first piece of clothing and the makers of "The Ratchet Girl Anthem" (Hudson Brothers) contacted me and started wearing my skull caps in their videos and even in their remake of the whisper song by the "ying yang twins" they shot a video for it which was another hit and had their close friend Niko Goodrum who also plays for the Minnesota twins in my stuff so that was another plus for me.

When first starting your line describe what it took to get started. Was it hard or easy?
 Its hard but it's only hard if you make it hard. if you truly love what you are doing then you will love it, but the hardest part about this business is you have to be careful of what designs you chose and what you put out because you dont want to put out BS and definitely don't want to be accused of "biting".

How much dedication did you have to put into the line to make it happen?
the answer is simple. you have to put your ALL in to this to make it happen. NO SHORT CUTS!

 For any girls and boys that want to create a clothing line , What advice would you give to them?
"Be original and don't be afraid to take risks, because scared money don't make no money."









http://youtu.be/NA3mD0-oNVQ  Cheat song (hudson brothers) rookees skull cap

Go Purchase A Skully or Shirt at  Therookees.com

Instagram: StayDownFlyHigh

No comments:

Post a Comment